Ollie's Salt - Hand harvested Sea Salt DHI
A rare and exclusive Sea Salt, harvested from the Most Western point of Australia, Dirk Hartog Island.
Sea Salt, created by the sea, sun and wind.
Oceanic swells from the Antarctic crash into 600ft high cliffs of Dirk Hartog Island during wild winter storms. The purest salt water crashes onto the ledges, where it settles in rock pools. Salt crystals eventually form when the water is warmed by the sun and the southerly winds.
• Rich in Trace Minerals. This high-quality sea salt contains upwards of 60 trace minerals and is a great source of micronutrients.
• Prevents Dehydration and Balances Fluids. By consuming sea salt in moderation each day, sufficient sodium levels are maintained.
These help to balance your sodium-potassium ratios. This ensures that there is proper fluid balance in your body’s cells, as well as your
blood plasma and extracellular fluid.
• Loaded with Electrolytes. The minimal processing of unrefined sea salt enables it to retain much of its natural mineral content. Sea salt
contains many of the major electrolytes that are essential to good health, like sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium.
• Promotes Brain, Muscle and Nervous System Function. Sodium is essential for proper brain, muscle and nervous system function. It
is also required for the transmission of electrical signals in the body. These make it possible for humans to think, feel, and move.
• Supports Digestive Health. Not getting enough salt in your diet can negatively impact digestive health. In fact, a lack of salt in the diet
can lead to a reduction of hydrochloric acid (HCL) in your stomach. Low stomach acid levels can result in issues like heartburn, stomach
pain, vomiting and constipation. Consuming the right amount of sea salt helps the body produce proper amounts of HCL, since sea salt
provides chloride (one of the building blocks of stomach acid).
• Promotes Nutrient Absorption Having enough stomach acid helps our bodies to absorb vitamins and minerals like calcium, zinc, iron,
folate and vitamin B12. For this reason, consuming a high-quality sea salt regularly helps your body to absorb more nutrients from the
foods that you eat. This is great news since it’s not only what you eat, but how your body processes what you eat, that gives your body
the essential nutrients it needs everyday.
Words and Information provided by Ollie's Salt